Monday, April 10, 2006

DAY 91 - Mon Apr 10 2006 - WEIGH DAY 3

192 lbs! That means a loss of (wouldn't you know it?) 11 lbs last month. It's been very consistent with the 11 lbs each month. Strange, but I'm not complaining!

So for anyone considering going on a diet, but can't stand the thought of giving up their favourite foods, consider this: during the past month I've eaten fried chicken, pizza, bacon and eggs, steak, fried shrimp, waffles, peanut butter, white bread, sausages, hot dogs, hamburgers, and pasta with meat sauce among other, healthier, things.

I'm not advising you eat these things every day, but it is possible to diet (and lose weight) and still include your favourite meals.

Even I continue to surprise myself each month with my consistent weight-loss. Each time I think to myself, no way, not this month, you've eaten way too much. Here I am another 11 lbs lighter despite it all. What would it be like if I actually did eat only ultra low-fat diet foods? How much would I weigh then? Well I bet the answer would be more,
because that's a diet I could not stick to, and many other people have had trouble sticking to as well. After a while you grow sick of depriving yourself, sick of spending too much money on them, sick of the nasty flavour. After a couple weeks, or months if you're diligent, you give it up and you're right back where you started. 
No sir, or mam, that's not the kind of diet for me. When I'm finished this diet, I plan to eat moderate portions and continue to exercise. That sounds like a more realistic plan than diet bars and shakes.

Current weight: 192 lbs
Height: 5'11
Age: 32
Waist size: 34
Exercise level: Moderate

Weight lost in 3 months: 33 lbs
Inches lost around waist: 4 inches

---

Breakfast (8:30am): 1 bowl Special K vanilla almond cereal
purple grapes, apple slices
(10:00am): 3 fried eggs
5 slices of bacon
4 pieces white toast w/margarine

Dinner (5:00pm): Perogies (potato & cheese) 
with chopped sausage, green onion and sour cream

Dessert (6:00pm): Sliced mango and purple grapes
Apple sauce

Snack (8:00pm): Light butter-flavoured popcorn
black cherry vanilla Diet Coke

I just wasn't hungry for lunch. I guess because my breakfast was pretty big.
That's okay. I made up for it with a fairly heavy dinner. (The sour cream was not
light.)

The popcorn and diet Coke was for during the hockey game.

No comments:

Post a Comment