Thursday, April 6, 2006

DAY 87 - Thu Apr 06 2006

1 piece of whole wheat toast with marmalade

Lunch (7:00pm): Subway foot-long veggie sub on brown
strawberries, grapefruit, and apple slices

Dinner (9:00pm): Subway foot-long veggie sub on brown

Snack (11:00pm): Apples & Cinnamon apple sauce

I know I said I wasn't going to go to Subway for a while unless I had a coupon. But
fortunately, veggie subs are cheap. $4.99 for a foot-long, which is the cost of a 6-inch
southwest chipotle. I guess the cost depends on what kind you order, not the size.
I bought two but actually I only needed one. I had so many strawberries and apples
that I wasn't really hungry for the second one, but ate it anyway, otherwise it would
have gotten soggy. I'll know better next time.

Survivor night tonight. Hopefully It's taping properly. (I'm at work.)

I found a very encouraging e-mail in my Hotmail today that I'd like to post so that 
people can see that alternate-day fasting works for other people too, not just me.

Hi Jason!

What a great blog you're penning! I came to it in a round-a-bout way.

Back in 1999, I lost a ton of weight by effectively fasting every other day.
It certainly wasn't an exact science - I just tried to eat less and less
each day until it reached the point where I could "comfortably" fast for
two days in a row, and then pig out on the third. I went from around 250 lbs to
165 lbs in around six months.

Like I say, it was far from an exact science. I also did a lot of crude
exercise, building my way up in the same way that I had "built myself down"
in dieting. I started by jogging on the spot in my living room for 5 minutes,
and aimed to add time every day. It eventually got to the point where I was
jogging for two hours every day and doing plenty of sets of push-ups and
sit-ups too.

Anyway, over the last couple of years I've put on a lot of weight again.
I'm currently residing at 216 lbs. After many failed attempts to lose the
weight, from Atkins to low-fat, a lightbulb appeared over my head. Why not
go back to what worked in 1999? So I went on the bodybuilding.com forums

and ran a search for fast weight loss. I found a post by a guy who said he lost a
dramatic amount of weight by fasting every other day. This piqued my interest,
particularly as it was something I had done before.

I then ran a search on Google for "fasting every other day" and that brought
me to the QOD Diet. The guy who runs the site actually mentioned your blog,
so that's how I came to visit. I imagine that as the QOD diet takes off (I
think it was only published this month), then you will get more and more
visitors to your blog!


Jack

I hope you have just as much success this year as you did in '99, Jack. I sure
like the sound of losing 85 lbs in 6 months on this diet. It sounds like you did
very well. I haven't tried fasting for more than 1 day in a row yet. I'm not sure I
ever will, but for those who can handle it, I'm sure it would definitely speed up 
the weight loss (although your body would probably feed off your muscle protein
a lot more too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment