Saturday, April 15, 2006

DAY 96 - Sat Apr 15 2006 - NO EAT DAY 47

I'm really tired tonight after walking around all morning at Vaisakhi. I tried to take
pictures but we forgot to recharge the batteries in the camera, so it wouldn't
work. Vaisakhi was great, as usual. A real spectacle. The kids came away with
tons of candy, chips, cans of pop, juice, stickers, balloons, ice cream, popsicles,
pizza slices.. The list goes on. All free. It's like a second Halloween for them, only
during the daytime. (And everyone's wearing the same costume!) 

After that I took my son to skating lessons. He was pretty tired out after that.
He did a lot of walking for a 7-year-old.

Tonight my wife's taking the kids to an Easter egg hunt put on by the church. 
They're going to be candied-out even before the Easter bunny gets here tomorrow
morning. Nah, not possible with my kids.

I'm pleased to say I managed not to cave in to all the goodies being offered at
the parade. I did take some cans of free diet pop home for later though. (Diet
Crush flavours I've never tried before.)

I'm really looking forward to stuffing myself tomorrow at Easter dinner. Turkey, stuffing,
mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, buns, pumpkin pie... Should be awesome!!

Vancouver Canucks play their last game of the season tonight. We've got it on here
at work. So long, 'nucks. Better luck next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment