Wednesday, May 3, 2006

DAY 114 - Wed May 03 2006

Breakfast (9:30am): 2 fried eggs
2 pieces of bacon
2 pieces of fried baloney
hashbrowns
2 pieces of rye toast
2 pieces of white toast
cucumber & tomato slices
tangerine wedges

Lunch (1:30pm): 2 chicken souvlaki pitas
2 large cups of strawberry protein powder smoothie

 

Dinner: McDonald's Turkey BLT deli sandwich combo w/ side salad (vinaigrette dressing)
2% milk (250mL)

I ate the last of the pitas for lunch today. I thought I had better take a picture
since I raved about them a couple days ago. They contain marinated chicken, tzatziki sauce,
onions and tomatoes. Very garlicy but very good.

I finally found a way to ingest protein powder and not taste it! I made a smoothie using a
bunch of strawberries that had gone soft, mixed with water, ice and Splenda, and a full 40g
scoop of protein. (The strawberries would have been going in the garbage soon anyway so 
I didn't have much to lose by trying it.) Anyway, it tasted really good. I didn't taste the protein
at all. I'm sure it would have been very low calorie too. So I guess from now on, I'll make 
smoothies using whatever suitable fruit we have available at the time.

I'm just listening to the Calgary Flames vs Mighty Ducks game 7. Looks like the Ducks might
just eliminate the Flames tonight, if they can hold onto their lead.
Edmonton is doing really well. If Calgary gets knocked out, I'll cheer for Edmonton.

---
(10:00pm): Well looks like the Flames are out too. That leaves only Ottawa and Edmonton as
the only Canadian teams left in the play-offs. I'd rather Edmonton win because I'm in the west, 
but either team would be nice..

For dinner I tried to go to Taco Time in the mall food court, but it was close to closing time and
they decided they wanted to close 5 minutes early (I hate when businesses do that!) So they
turned me away. I was going to get a couple of their veggie burritos.

McDonald's was still open so I went there and settled on their deli sandwich combo with a salad.
Originally I ordered Diet Coke, but there was something wrong with their pop fountain, so the 
only other sugar-free choice was milk.

---
(1:30am): I guess the McDonald's sandwich and salad didn't fill me up enough because I was
really hungry when I got home. I ate a couple of slices of leftover pepperoni pizza and some 
honey-garlic chicken wingettes that my wife had cooked earlier. I don't like eating this late at
night but I knew that if I didn't, I would be starving tomorrow and would probably eat more than
I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment