Wednesday, April 19, 2006

DAY 100 - Wed Apr 19 2006 - NO EAT DAY 49

(2:00pm.) Wow. Here I am on day 100 of the diet. What's that, like, 3 months and 10 days?
Something like that? I'm probably down to my goal weight now, if I weighed myself.
(190 lbs.) So 35 lbs in 100 days. I'd say I've made pretty good progress so far. 
Can't wait to see where I am on Day 200. 

My new goal is now to get down to 170 lbs, size 32 waist and have more defined 
muscle tone by August 1st, 2006.

Today my muscles are pretty sore from working out. Especially my upper body and
shoulder area. I find myself really craving peanut butter today. Maybe I should pick
up a bottle of protein powder and eat 60g or so a day.

---
(6:30pm.) I'm having a bit of a hard time today staying focused at my job. I'm still sore and achy. I've been reading my eatQOD book and I think I'm ready to start doing this. Now that I'm
working out, I need more protein, and a few calories on my off days wouldn't hurt
me. I'm going to start trying to drink V8 juice and hopefully I'll learn to like it, like I did with sushi. I'm also going to look around for this drinkable yogurt he describes called Kefir. I'd like start out with the 'hot & spicy' variety of V8 juice. I thi
nk I'd really like that.
---
(8:30pm.) I went to the supermarket on my break and it looks like we may not have hot & spicy V8 in Canada. (We have hot&spicy Motts Clamato, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.) Anyway, I bought what looks like the next best thing, called V8 V-GO Smooth & Seasoned Blend. I wasn't sure how I'd like it because I don't like tomato juice and I don't really like tomato soup. But I know that when you're really hungry, you're a lot more open to trying and enjoying new things. Well I'm glad I did. I brought it back to work, heated it up in a cup in the microwave and it's like Heaven! It tastes just like vegetable soup minus the vegetables. I love it. It warmed me up and I don't feel nearly as crappy as I did before. It really hit the spot. On my next no eat day, I'm going to try it with some chopped celery in it. I guess I've officially adopted jt's eatQOD diet methods now. After 100 days on gum and diet pop, I'm ready for something new.
(I actually bought a 6-pack of small, 156mL cans. 40 calories per can. 430mg of sodium. 260mg of potassium. 9g of carbs. 1g of protein. Vitamin A, C, Calcium & Iron.)

No comments:

Post a Comment