Friday, April 21, 2006

DAY 102 - Fri Apr 21 2006 - NO EAT DAY 50

I was up until almost 3:00am this morning watching Survivor on tape. It was a really good one. Bruce couldn't poo and he had to be Medevac'd off the island. (Reality television doesn't get any better than that, does it?)

I was up 4½ hours later getting the kids ready for school and driving my wife to work. Why do I do this to myself? I know I'm going to be tired the next day but sometimes I just can't get to sleep right away after I get home from work.

But despite being tired today, I still got some things accomplished. I did end up 
buying protein powder and Kefir. It took me a few stores to find plain, unflavoured protein. Most places just sold vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. I wanted something I could mix with anything. The Kefir wasn't as hard to find as I thought it would be. They sell it in the dairy section of our local supermarket. 

Today I ate low-calorie mini-meals for the first time on a no eat day. I guess I can't really technically call them "no eat" days anymore. More like "low eat" days. Anyway, whatever. I'm still not eating normally. 
For breakfast, at about 10:00am, I warmed up some V8 V-Go juice and added a small amount of diced vegetables. Carrots, celery, cherry tomato, and yellow pepper. I estimate it was about 100 calories. Maybe less, but I'll count it as 100. (I don't have a food scale yet, so I'm just winging it for now.)

Later, at about 1:30pm, I made myself a mini-salad, with lettuce, diced cucumber, tomato, and yellow pepper. I took 2 tbs of Kefir and mixed in lime juice, salt, pepper, and dried parsley and poured that on as my dressing. I estimate that was another 100 calories. Oh, before I ate that, I mixed 20g of protein powder with water and drank that. Yuck. Had to hold my nose. I need to mix it with something other than water (orange juice?) in the future. It doesn't taste too good.

At about 2:30pm, I had a hard-boiled egg-white, yolk removed, with salt & pepper. That would have been about 70 calories. So I'm up to 270 calories so far.

At 6:45pm I had a coffee break and so I took my walk. I ate a few apple slices along the way. Maybe another 50 calories, probably less (a whole medium apple supposedly has 72, according to CalorieKing.com.)

On my dinner break I'm going to have another 20g of protein powder, then drink another cup of warm V-Go with diced celery added. Probably another 42 calories (40 in the drink, 2 for "1 small stalk" of celery.)

So altogether today, that'll be 362 calories. Which is an outside estimate. If I actually weighed it all out, it would probably be less. I don't feel at all hungry either. It's nice to be able to look forward to these mini-meals throughout the day instead of relying on all that Aspartame to satisfy me. I haven't bought any more diet pop lately, but I still chew my cinnamon Inferno gum.



This is my weight set which I'll be using again tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment